The Harlow Education Consortium Ltd (HEC) is a partnership group of over 30 schools and academies within the boundaries and surrounding area of Harlow District Council.
It is a not for profit company limited by guarantee and a registered charity.
It has been in existence in one form or another for 25 years.
- Our core purpose is to improve educational opportunities and outcomes for children and young people in our member schools and academies and within our town
- Members work together to:
- provide a unified and coherent voice for education in Harlow
- foster community cohesion
- secure the best possible human and physical resources to support our members
- provide a vehicle for the sharing of best practice and mutual collaboration
- HEC provides a wide range of cost effective ‘front line’ and ‘back office’ services for its members and also trades these to schools/academies who are not members.
‘Front line’ services include a comprehensive Training Programme, consultancy, Attendance Support, Counselling and Home School Liaison/Family Support.
‘Back Office’ services include Finance & Administration support, procurement and payroll services.